Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

REPORTING FOR DUTY 5.17.09

Sun May 17, 2009 8:14 pm by Xathiador

Hello friends!

School ended for me a little while ago, and that means it is time to resume our positions. The graphic novel is underway again and so I will be active again at this forum! Big changes ahead, all for the better! It just keeps getting better and better! You all just haven't seen it yet. x_X But ya will soon! Stay tuned!

Comments: 1

Time to make BIG avies!!

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:24 pm by Xathiador

That's right, friends, the avatar size limit on this forum is 150 by 200. Have at it~!

Comments: 2

Added some cool stuff for you guys

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:13 am by Xathiador

More great things about this forum host seem to crop up all the time! I just added some widgets for you to mess around with, on the left column as well as a chatbox at the very bottom. Hopefully more cool things will be coming your way!

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» LIEK HEY HEY HEY
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 pm by Kekira

» Caskin made a Taracnor
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:51 am by Fuego

» A Great and Terrible Beauty
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:45 am by Fuego

» ~~Eralia~~
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:17 am by Fuego

» Taracnor Dragon
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:23 am by Kekira

» REPORTING FOR DUTY 5.17.09
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:34 pm by Kekira

» Rickenbacker
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 pm by Kekira

» Can I has intro?
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:54 am by Kit

» [*Moonshine*]
An Important Note about the Underworld EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:42 pm by Moondragon

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

An Important Note about the Underworld

Go down

An Important Note about the Underworld Empty An Important Note about the Underworld

Post  Xathiador Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 pm

In Roleplay, characters sometimes die. Usually that means one loses their character altogether and it goes into a form of 'retirement' where it can never be played again. Also, this fact tends to discourage people from letting their characters die altogether, and thus sometimes results in rather unrealistic roleplay.

Now, that never needs to be an issue, because here, there IS life after death. Of course, it remains confined to the underworld only, but many a thing can happen down here, especially depending on the place where your character was sent (Hades, the paradise and reward for a good life; or Tartarus, for eternal punishment after a sinful life).

If your character dies, you must notify me (or other designated Mod; OR the current roleplayer of Charon or his Steed). You must then tell who you are sending the ‘death notice’ to what your choice is for your character’s fate:

There are several things that can happen if one of your characters dies.
{a} You have the option to roleplay your deceased character(s) in one of the two sections of the Underworld, depending on where your character was sent (Hades or Tartarus).
{b} You may retire them forever to rest in peace if you do not wish to use the character anymore (these characters can be 'dug up,' so to speak, if you ever change your mind about roleplaying them--but only to roleplay them in the Underworld).
{c} You have the choice of making them into a Bereft One, which is a horrible, soul-less shell that is doomed to roam the Material World forever, due to its soul being unable to be ferried to the Underworld naturally. Its soul consequently is lost and disappears into oblivion.

Then, if you choose the first option, it will be decided if your character is to be sent to Hades or Tartarus, where he/she must REMAIN after he/she dies. If you have a preference as to where your character ends up, be sure to include that in the 'death notice' to me or the designated Mod.

After your deceased character has been dealt with, his/her profile will be moved from the Character Profiles board to the root directory here. If he/she has been sent to Hades, a {H} will appear before the title of their profile thread. If he/she has been sent to Tartarus, a {T} will appear before the title of their profile thread. If his/her soul could not be properly ferried to the Underworld and he/she has become a Bereft One, a {-} will appear before the title of their profile thread. If he/she is retired, a {RIP} will appear before the title of their profile thread.

By no means may a character come back from the dead. However, if you so wish, there ARE ways for deceased characters to communicate with the living. If you wish this to happen at any time, you must discuss this with me.

You may use this form to send 'Death Notices' to me or the designated Mod:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link to Profile:[/b]
[b]Brief Cause of Death:[/b]
[b]Choice of Fate:[/b]

The 'choices of fate' are as follows: Hades; Tartarus; Retired; Bereft

Happy afterlifing!
Xathiador
Xathiador
Antihero
Antihero